Years Of Experience
- Contractor Members
- Associate Members (Service Providers & Suppliers)
The Association promotes the delivery of quality services to clients by its members. ZBCA has over the years developed, and continues to develop the capacity of its members to deliver quality services to their clients in a professional manner. Furthermore, the Association assists clients identify the contractor suitable for their particular project. The Association is in the process of becoming ISO certified.
- Members are issued with a recognised Certificate which gives one a competitive advantage when tendering. It enables members to tender for State, Local Government and Parastatal tenders and to enjoy a 10% local preference over foreigners.
- ZBCA holds the Annual General Meeting of members, the Annual Conference open to the business community, the Annual Awards gala, monthly meetings that discuss topical issues and participates in fora organized by other stakeholders, plans and coordinates events and opportunities for members to meet, network and share notes on goings on in the construction industry.
- These social functions are organized at regional committee level in Harare, Bulawayo and Midlands. This is an opportunity to connect with fellow professionals, industry leaders and policy and decision makers.
- Your voice matters when it comes to issues, regulations, legislation and statutes that affect your business. ZBCA represents members (employers) at the National Employment Council for the Construction Industry in Zimbabwe, through participating in sector wages negotiations, regulation of industry wages and gazetting of rules and regulations for the construction industry. ZBCA represents members in engaging policy and decision makers, government officials, regulatory bodies and key stakeholders on matters of concern to member businesses.
- ZBCA assists members deliver quality services to their clients in a professional manner and to move ahead of the competition through building the capacity of members. This is achieved through holding of training workshops, seminars and conferences on issues suggested by members themselves through the company visits undertaken periodically. The Association produces information guides on topical areas.
- ZBCA works with members, engineers, architects, quantity surveyors, real estate agents to produce tools, publications and promotional material that facilitate members to provide customers with a full and satisfactory service under the auspices of the Zimbabwe Construction Industry Association and National Joint Practice Commission.
- ZBCA provides members with the most up-to-date industry information, trends and market briefs by carrying out research and then packaging the information for dissemination to members through weekly bulletins and monthly newsletters. The Association monitors local and regional information sources for tender opportunities that are disseminated to members weekly.
- ZBCA produces the weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters, quarterly magazine, annual directory, member projects book and CD at a discounted rates for members only. The Association also produces a member projects book where member projects are showcased free of charge.
- ZBCA connects its members with manufacturers and service providers that support their businesses. The Association negotiates for discounts with material and services suppliers.
- ZBCA represents member companies at the Ministry of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing during categorization with the Ministry.
- ZBCA runs a library and business centre that is accessible to members for free and offers other discounted services to members.
- ZBCA participates in selected local, regional and international trade fairs and facilitates its members to participate under its umbrella thereby managing participation costs, while introducing SME’s to tradeshow marketing.
- ZBCA proactively visits its members to learn their concerns for packaging and presentation to relevant bodies for resolution. During these visits the capacity of members is established and possible solutions brainstormed.
- Through the National Joint Practice Committee (NJPC), ZBCA participates in developing standard documents that are easy to understand and up-to-date for use by building contractors. The Association sells contract documents to its members at discounted rates.
- ZBCA trains members on how to use the Trade Map (an International Trade Center) market analysis tool useful for identifying new source and export markets for their businesses.
- ZBCA utilises retired and active professionals such as Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Lawyers, Accountants and Suppliers of building materials to assist members in providing quality services to their clients.